1. Any opinions on the band "Yes" ? Any favourite song or album? Think its rubbish?
2. Is there anything you can share about what we can expect from your new album? I saw you mentioned somewhere that you were tempted to possibly play with 4 x 4 beats again? (c:
3. Do you ever struggle with procrastination? Do you have som wise words on this subject?
Much love from Norway!
1. "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" blew my mind the first time I heard it and I loved what Jon Anderson did with Vangelis but other than that I never really bonded with Yes. As far as English prog rock goes, my taste starts and ends with Hatfield And The North.
2. I started playing with 4x4 beats and got bored in about 3 hours. Maybe I'll try again. It's all on the table.
3. If I didn't I wouldn't be here, typing this. I'd be mixing this fucking track like I should be.
Greetings Mr. Ott
I recently took purchase of a beautiful Soundtracs Topaz, I'm really enjoying dialling in patches and sounds on my analog synths and getting all the fx sitting together live through the desk with no digital conversion.
I'm currently wiring up the FF800 outs to the tape in's on Topaz, so, I'm tracking my synths and stuff via the desk, even with some effects, printing via tape outs to AD/DA in. Then come mix down I return via the AD/DA to the Topaz tape in's. Then mix down on the desk with outboard etc and finally print the master to the DAW.
I'm curious about your method of working as my set up is similar to yours, I like to use ITB effects and editing plus soft synths and stuff, but also spend time working on synth and effects patches live in the analog domain. Am I going in and out of the converters to many times with my set up? Does it even matter? Which way do you tend to do things?
Many thanks and thanks for all the fish
Do you listen to contemporary dub? like what/who?
What do you think of the evolution of dub today?
Thanks King Ott for your GREAT music !!