Ahoy there! There are many things I'd like to say, but right now I'm most interested in the set-up you're using for the all seeing eye.
1. What is the in-ear monitor system you're using?
2. How much of the drums are on the backing track?
3. Do you have everything "preset" in a digital mixer to get a similar sound to the record (i.e all drum channels processing effects etc)?
Keep on making great music and thank you!!
1. We use a Behringer X32 rack on stage and we each have a P16 personal mixer connected via Behringer's proprietary 'Ultranet' protocol. We all have Ultimate Ears Pro7 custom IEMs and SubPac M2 personal subwoofers.
2. All the big stuff [kick, snare, toms, hats, timbale, cymbals] are played live. The electronic percussion and processed drum loops and effects are coming from Ableton Live. Matt, our drummer, is so good at playing to programmed drums and sequences that it is often difficult to see the join.
3. No. The drums, percussion, bass, guitars, vocals, and synths are all mixed by Ricardo, our FOH engineer, and he does his own thing. His job is to make us sound as good as possible in each different venue, rather than to reproduce the sound of the records. I'm not sure he's even listened to them more than once, but we trust him completely.
I've been struggling to figure out the meaning of that set of numbers in Unit Delta Plus... Any chance we could have a hint? I love numbers and codes and would love to be the one to figure this out. Even a single word response would mean a LOT!!Ott responded on 08/23/2017 Next question
Hello OTT, i am a bit late to the party as i bought my first album by you (MIR) the other week. I was quite awestruck by it and when i listen to it, it feels to me like i have come home. I have started making music as a hobby and will be 50 this year and am thinking of selling a few items in order to treat myself to a poly synth for my birthday. Any recommendations?Ott responded on 08/23/2017