I can't believe you've already made 14 songs for your album... Can't wait for it to drop soon. And yeah Miami is exactly where I'm at. Hopefully you'll be invited to perform down here again some day, I still have to see you live, lol.
I have three concerns I'd like to discuss:
1) I'm still amazed at Rogue Bagel because of how you arranged the vocals and the samples at the end of the song. That to me is the epitome of pure happiness; never gets old, especially the final climax with all those instruments. Will your new album resemble Skylon in the slightest or is it going towards an uncharted direction?
2) Is there a certain genre of music that you have discovered recently that you enjoy a lot?
3) Would you ever do DMT within the next 10 years or so and continue making music by that time? I'm actually really intrigued to witness how your experience can influence the kind of music you'd make, considering how some of your songs already make me feel like I'm on the deemz, lol.
1. It's going wherever it pleases. I'm more of a passenger than you'd think.
2. No. If it's in a 'genre' then I probably don't like it. Generic music is not interesting to me.
3. If an irresistible opportunity presents itself then I'll take it. Otherwise I'm happy to remain oblivious to its charms. Every day is a psychedelic experience.
How would you feel about someone remixing one of your tracks? Might I be so bold as to suggest myself as someone who would be more than willing and some might say respectably able?Ott responded on 06/10/2018 Next question
I've been struggling with the art of compression for YEARS now, and still usually can't get it right. I'll tweak the compressor until it "sounds good", then possibly dial it back a bit for subtlety, but when I a/b the wet/dry signal, the dry almost ALWAYS sounds better to my ears. Only rarely can I get the compressor to do something 'nice' when tweaking by ear. (The only somewhat-reliable success I have is going 'by the books' with settings, or using presets with mild tweaking.) I know what all the compressor settings 'technically' do, but maybe I'm just not properly hearing the sum of their parts, or able to use them intelligently. Any suggestions? Am I approaching the whole thing wrong?Ott responded on 06/10/2018