besides using lots of butter, do you have any specific methods to fatten up individual tracks in a song ?

Ott responded on 02/06/2012

Yes - I call it 'transparent distortion'.

It's a process whereby you repeatedly squash and compress and saturate a sound but only a tiny amount each time, like building up a thick coat of paint with many thin applications.

1000 characters remaining